At Studio Officina, we realize that it can be very helpful to obtain simple and affordable advice from a licensed architect who can help you understand the possible costs and renovation timelines of a potential property purchase in New York, before you buy and with no pressure or requirement to sign-on with a design profession for a full renovation project.
During a 2-hour property visit and / or workshop meeting together, we can help you:
• Understand the condition of the property you’d like to purchase;
• Prioritize any repair work that will need to be done to make the property “liveable”;
• Understand the existing legal occupancy of the building and what would be required to alter it in terms of any Department of Building filings (eg. converting a 2-family to a single-family);
• Compare 2 potential properties and understand the pros and cons of each in terms of costs to repair and renovate;
• Obtain a basic understanding of general renovation costs and construction timelines so you can determine what would really need to be done to convert your property purchase into your “dream home”;
• Determine simple layout changes you can make to improve the use of the home.
Essentially, we offer a site visit and one-time commitment where we answer your questions and give you the confidence and knowledge you need to make the right decision about your home purchase.
WHO WILL MY WORKSHOP BE WITH?
Our workshop sessions are always run by Luki Anderson, founder of Studio Officina. Luki is a licensed New York State architect with 15 years of residential design experience in New York. Her wealth of experience means you’ll finish the workshop armed with the knowledge you need to make an informed decision about your new home purchase.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I BOOK?
You will be contacted by email within 24 hours (weekdays only) by a member of our team with all the details you need to know, including possible dates/times for your session and next steps.
* Please note that Studio Officina is not a licensed NYS home inspector. A complete home inspection by a licensed NYS home inspector is recommended for all home purchases. The services we provide do not not replace or act as a home inspection.